Monday, November 17, 2008

WE DID IT!!!!!!

Here are our results from the marathon on Sunday. It was tough especially the last 6 miles. It was definitely mental. When I was at the 23 mile marker the finishe line seemed oh so far away and as I kept going it did not seem like it was getting any closer. I will be working on posting more about the marathon in the coming days as I get time to process the race.

My results - I met my ultimate goal of finishing the marathon and I finished in less than 5 hours, which was my next goal. I fell short of my stretch goal of a 4:30 finish, but I am pleased with how I did!!!




Gill's results - He had some problems early on in the race, but he persevered and finished strong!!!! Gill also ran the Detroit Marathon less than a month ago. So I think he was behind the 8 ball from the beginning!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Chad! Damn good. Damn, damn good.

Tammy said...

Rock on great job on the run, my sister Marathon Chris ran the San Antonio Way to go on the time.

Anonymous said...

I tried watching for the Star Wars jersey! You finished so close to me too! But you're right, the last 6 miles were rough. Glad you finished and had a good race!