Friday, December 12, 2008

Post Marathon Running

Well I have continued to run after the marathon. Since the Marathon I have run in the SARR Turket Trot 4 mile run and a the SARR 10 Mile Missions 10k run. I did well on both runs. The 10 mile run I did at about a 9:12 min/mile pace, which I was very pleased with.

I had thought about stopping running at least for a while shortly after the Turkey Trot. I dreaded the though about going running once I got home, but I went ahead and ran that night anyways. I took it easy on the run and when I finished I felt great and liked running again. I think that I had been pushing myself too hard and needed to stop and slow down a little. That was all it took and I am back into it.

Although I am not as dedicated as I was when training for the marathon. There have been a couple of nights that I decided to not run or cut the run short because of the weather. One night I was about 1 1/2 miles into my run of 4 miles when it started to hail. Yes that is right HAIL!!!! in Texas can you believe it. I kept going for a little while and figured why put up with this (it stung pretty good being hit by the hail) when I am not training for anything so I called it a night.

On December 13th I will be running in the Reindeer Run 5k with Arin. This will be Arin's first 5k race!!!!

Anyway that it all for this update.

May the Force be with You!!!

Chad

No comments: