Monday, December 1, 2008

Post Race

After the race Gill and I met up with my Wife and kids and went back to the AT&T Center to pick up our cars and head home. Gill and I stopped and got some ice so that I could take my ritual ice bath and Gill could ice his knees. They did have ice available after the race and I did ice my knees there while waiting for Gill to finish.

After we chilled out (HA HA - get it chilled out and ice), we went out to eat at Chama Gaucha, a Brazilian steakhouse, that had recently opened in San Antonio. I had been to one other one in Chicago and it is pretty neat. It is all you can eat and they have a nice salad bar that is filled with Brazilian dishes and they walk around to the tables with different meats on a stick and shave some off. It is a pretty neat concept, but it is pricey. It was all you can eat, which was really good after just running a marathon. Gill is from Brazil and he was able to speak to the wait staff in Portuguese and was able to explain to me what some of the dishes were. I had to laugh as we were both soooo sore from the marathon that we were walking around like stiff old men. LOL!!! I am sure the other people in the restaurant were wondering what the heck...

I took the day after the marathon off from work, but still had to get up early to take Gill to the airport and take the kids to school. I came back home and took a nap. When I woke back up I decided to go and see the new James Bond movie Quantum of Solace and treated myself to some ice cream at DQ.

I was sore for about the next two days, but after that I was pretty much back to normal.

May the Force be with You!!!

1 comment:

Star Wars Runner said...

Hi dad I saw this was up before school today so I stopped in !! you never use the word LOL!!! but I need to go downstairs now before I get in trouble!!! That would be bad :(


Arin:)