Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bird Lover's 10k

As I had mentioned earlier I ran in the Bird Lover's 10k the day before volunteering for the Austin Marathon. This run was particularly tough as I had been sick for the last week and did not feel particularly well the morning of the race.

I ran as well as I could and was able to eek out a 10k PR. This race was different than the others that I ran as it was primarily on trails that had ruts and holes that you had to be careful of.

I finished in 54:01 for a pace of 8:41 min/mile. I think this is really good due to the illness and the fact that it was on a trail. This time was also good enough to get a 3rd place award in my age group!!!! YEAH!!!

As some of you know when I ran my first 10k race I had to purchase a trophy. In less than a year of running I had won my first award. Now don't be too impressed as I think that I have found out the magic formula for winning awards. The key is to look for the least popular race of the 4 races being held the same weekend as a big nearby marathon!!!! Do this and you too will be able to win an award!!!

The awards were definitely unique as it was a dream catcher. I think this was a neat award and it is much better than a trophy.

Below are a couple of pictures from the race.

May the force be with you!!!



No comments: