Saturday, May 22, 2010

Marathon Training Starts Today

Today We started Marathon Training with USA Fit. The program is put on by Run Gear Run and is the same one that I participated in last year. The first day they start with a three mile - determine your pace run. Since three miles is a little short for my weekend long run I decided that I would run to the training site and run home. The program started at 6:30 this morning so I had to get up at 4:50 to try to leave by 5:30 to run the 6 miles to get there. Yeah this wasn't the greatest idea, but I did it anyway. I left a little late and got there a little bit late. I found my running partner Julianne and chatted with her until it was our groups turn. Things have been exciting for her as she just moved into their new house - yeah!!!

So I finished the pace run and headed back home. The run home was pretty rough. It had been several weeks since I had run a long distance and I could tell. I was running so slow and stopping to rest and walk that I could hardly believe that I had run a marathon in 4:05 back in February. Hopefully I will get my conditioning back quick.

The other reason that running to the training program and home may not have been a good idea is that I am running the Austin 10k+ tomorrow morning. I can already that the run today will effect me tomorrow. I have not felt well the rest of the day and have been very tired. I was able to take a little nap earlier. Hopefully I will feel better in the morning and the soreness will be gone.

May the Force be with YOU!!
Chad

No comments: