Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Race Results - Steubing Ranch 5K

It was a beautiful day for this race. The morning was cool and there was a nice breeze. Jill and Arin got up early to volunteer to get the race setup while I stayed home and waited for Rachael to wake up (we thought it would be better for all if we didn't have to wake her up ;-)

The start of the race was about an hour away and she was still sawing logs so I had to wake her up. I got her moving and we made our way down to the community center for the start of the race. There were about 60 people that were participating in the run/walk so I made my way to the front of the pack for the race start.

The race was going pretty good. I was up near the front of the pack. At one point I think that I was in second place, but that did not last long. We were about a mile into the race when I came across a kid that was taking down own of the directional signs that was telling us which way to turn. I started yelling at him that we were using those and that this was being put on by the HOA. His loud mouth mother starts yelling back out the window. Ridiculous!!!! Then when I come back around the loop she is out in the street yelling some more - I kept telling her to come on and run with me ;-)

I may have said a few things that didn't really help the situation - oh well.

Anyway, I finished 5th with a time of 23:24 which is a pace of 7:40. I was very pleased with this time. I leaves me hope that I can finish a 10k at an 8min/mile pace in the near future.

After I finished I headed back out and found Arin and finished with her. She did great!!! She ran about half of it and I think that she finished just over 30 minutes. She had a great kick at the end to finish strong!!!

After I crossed the finish line with Arin I went out and found Jill and Rachael. I caught up with them shortly before they were passing by the house. Rachael was pretty much over it and wanted to stop at the house, but she kept on going. We got to the park and she was done, but she did a great job walking almost three whole miles!!!!

I took Rachael with me to the park while Jill finished the 5k. After a little while I went out and found her not too far from the finish and walked with her to the end. She did a great job!!! She did the entire distance with really no training. One of the funniest things is that she said Rachael had to stop several times on the walk and have her massage her knees!!! That was soooo cute!!!

Congratulations Jill, Arin, and Rachael!!!! Way to go!!!!

Chad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What reason did the mom of the kid give for taking down the signs? That was hilarious!!

Star Wars Runner said...

They were yelling that it was their property and they had the right to take it down if they want blah blah blah!!!

I think next year they will mark the route out in chalk.