Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday August 20, 2008

I have been training for the San Antonio Marathon since the beginning of July 2008 when I found a free training plan on the SA Rock and Roll Marathon Website. The plan is set up through activetrainer.com website. I log into my account and it tells me how far or long I am supposed to run each day and what the tempo is supposed to be.

After I complete my workouts I log the results on the website. I have been comparing my workouts to the preivous weeks to see if there has been any improvement in the length or pace. I have started to record the average heart rate from the run as I think it will be a better comparison as to how well I am doing.

This Saturday I have the Fleet Feet Sunrise 10k race so I thought that I would try and run it a little harder to see what kind of a pace I could maintain. I did the five miles in just over 50 minutes, which was a pace of 10:06 minutes/mile and I was dying after the five miles and there is no way that I will be able to beat my 10 min/mile goal for the race especially if it has a bunch of hills.

No comments: