Sunday, January 25, 2009

3M Half Marathon - Austin Texas

Since I wasn't able to make the Endurathon 25k that I was supposed to run yesterday I signed up for this half marathon that I came across about a week ago. It bragged of a downhill course. So I thought I would give it a try.

There were definitely a lot of downhills on the course but it was also pretty flat and there were some uphills. Some of the other people that finished around the same time as I said they ran this one about 4 minutes faster than a tougher more hilly course that they had recently run in.

I did very well in the race and finished with a 1:55min time. I was hoping to get under 2 hours and was happy to achieve that. Even if I tack on the 4 minutes the other runners said they cut off their time I still would have gotten under 2 hours on a tougher course.

Race support was pretty good, but only had a little entertainment/music. Eventhough there was not much music or entertainment I didn't have to pull out my Ipod on the race.

The goodie bag was filled with all kinds of 3M products. Overall it was a good race and I will look into running it again next year.

May the Force be with You!!!

Chad

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job. Rock that half marathon. 1:55 is a great time too. Way to go.