Saturday, September 20, 2008

Country Roads 10K Race

At the last minute I decided to run the Country Roads 10k Race. I had come across the race a few weeks ago and saw that they were giving participants a long sleeve technical shirt. I figure that I will need a long sleeve one before the winter hits so I figured that I might as well do the race. I thought is was a pretty good deal because these shirts can run more than $20 and the race fee was $25.

The race was put on in San Marcos by the San Marcos runners club. The race was about a hour from home. I got there and and got registered. The shirts were red and they also gave you a Fruit Smootie Power Bar.

For the race I was wearing my new Star Wars Jersey, which by the way is awesome!!! Did I mention a HUGE shout out to Primal Wear!!!!! They are awesome!!!

The last race that I did was in August and was on a very hilly course. I had a time of 9:39 min/mile. I was hoping that I go do a little better on this run than on the last one, since it should not be as hilly.

I finished the race in 54:34!!!! This is a pace of about 8:48 min/mile!!! YES!!!

I could not believe that I got under an 9 min mile. I was shocked. I would not call this an easy course by any means. The last two miles were going UP a long shallow graded hill. I just never ended. UGH!!!

Since the last race I had done I have been doing the waterrunning about once per week and I sincerely believe that a large part of the improvement was a result of it.

For me I had a really good time, but I was 13/16 in my age group and 66/136 overall.

This was a really good race to run. In addition to long sleeve technical shirt they had awesome cookies, plenty of fruit and a lot of power bars for after the race. They also had a lot of door prizes. I think that I will do this race again next year!!!

May the Force be with you!!!

Chad

Below are the pictures that were taken at the race. I think they were trying to take pictures at the most embarrasing moments. They have definitely succeeded with these!!!!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome job. Very cool. Good run. That jersey is so cool. BTW, it's good form to actually make your plugs links to their Primal Wear's website. So that if someone comes here and is interested in checking them out it's really hassle free for them. It also boosts Primal Wear's score with google. Just to let you know. Awesome time though.