Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Improvement!!!!

Tonights training run called for a one hour run at of moderate pace. So I strapped on the HR monitor and hit the usual route in front of my house. I figured that I would just do six miles and that should be just a little over an hour. I strapped on the Brooks Trance 7's, which have been great shoes but just a little small for the longer runs, and hit the road.

The run went pretty well and I was able to pick up the pace for the last 1 1/2 to 2 miles. When I finished I was surprised to see that my pace was 9:37!!! The hilly race that I did in August I did at a 9:39 pace.

I have been logging my avg heart rate for each of my runs and I compared tonights AHR with similar runs and my HR was actually a little bit lower.

I am glad I found that my HR monitor records the avg HR for each of my runs as I find it really useful to compare to similar runs to determine if my fitness level has improved or maybe I was just working harder than the other runs.

I am really glad to be able to see these improvements. It sure has been encouraging.

May the Force be with you!!!

Chad

No comments: