Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Post Long Run Training

My knees have been pretty sore/stiff since the long run on Saturday. I changed my schedule around a little because of this. Sundays are rest days, but I was supposed to run on Monday and then cross train on Tuesday. Instead I did my cross training on Monday, which consisted of an abdominal workout and pushups.

On Tuesday I still had some stiffness in my legs so I thought it would be a good opportunity to do the water running again. I have been wanting to do this once a week instead of one of the runs so this was a good opportunity to start.

I took Rachael down to the pool and let her swim and play while I did my version of water running. I did it for 45 minutes and I must admit that the time seems to drag on. I will have to come up with a way to pass the time better. If only I could use the iPod while I was doing this it would make the time go by faster (I think)!!!

I just had an idea. I think I will try and clip the iPod to my headband. I will just have to remember to not go under the water with it on. Worst case I guess would be that I have to shell out $50 for a new one.

If anyone out there has any other ideas let me know.

May the Force be with you!!!

Chad

No comments: