Monday, September 1, 2008

iPod Awakening

As some of you know I have never really been all that fond of music and listening to music. It is not that I don’t like music. It is more that I think of it as a background to everything else. I have never really been into listening to cd’s or mp3 players, but would listen to music while in the car. Well now that I have a lot of solitude on my hands as I run for 45 minutes to an hour 3 days a week and a couple of hours on Saturday I have started to listen to music and podcasts frequently.

Back in June Josh had bought me an iPod shuffle for my birthday. I must say that this was a most excellent gift as I am now using it almost everyday of the week. Getting this iPod of course required me to download iTunes and start loading my music and cd’s into the computer so that I can load up the iPod with songs and podcasts to listen too.

I started listening to the Ipod while running and had put on some really sweet tunes like Queen’s “We Will Rock You”, Dierks Bentley “What was I Thinkin’”, Van Halen, and Damn Yankees to name a few.

As I started reading more about running and visiting website I found out about running podcasts. I have found several podcasts that are about running that are interesting to listen to while running. As some of these podcasts have been going on for some time I have been listening to the past episodes. There are a lot of other interesting podcasts out there on a variety of topics and best of all the majority of them are free, which fits my budget!!!

No comments: